ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH INFORMATION AND LIBRARIES IN AFRICA (AHILA)
16th Biennial Conference and call for papers
Theme: Achieving healthy lives and well-being in Africa through access to and use of information.
1. The contribution of health literacy to achieving health and well-being
2. Application of ICTs in medical education, quality health care and well-being
3. Training for evidence based policy/practice and systematic reviews
4. Education and training in health sciences librarianship: is the curriculum addressing the need?
5. Reaching out to under-served communities to achieve health and well-being in Africa: contribution of health information professionals
Venue: International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Date: 14-17 October, 2019
Professionals in any sector involved in health information including librarian’s/ health information professionals, health care and public health professionals, pharmacists, ICT professionals and others with a passion for reliable health information.
Only abstracts reporting completed research work or implemented projects will be considered for Congress Papers. The abstract must be submitted in an electronic format and must contain:
Title of abstract/paper
Summary of abstract (250 – 300 words maximum)
An indication of the sub-theme the abstract is focusing on
An indication of format (Paper, Lightning talk, or Poster)
Speaker’s name, address, telephone number(s), professional affiliation, email address, keywords (not more than five) and biographical note (40 words).
Abstracts must be submitted also for all other formats.
Deadline for submission of abstract: June 30, 2019
Grace A. Ajuwon, MLS, CLN, Ph.D
E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library,
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
HIFA profile: Grace Ajuwon is the Reference and Information Services Librarian at the University of Ibadan, College of Medicine, E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library, Nigeria. She is a HIFA Country Representative and a member of the HIFA Steering Group. http://www.hifa.org/people/country-representatives Email address: agajuwon AT yahoo.com