Association with professional bodies e.g. epidemiologists, community health specialists

31 March, 2020

Dear Members,

I am writing to you once again at the request of Neil.

I am an epidemiologist and a community health specialist from India. I have retired about 5 yrs back, after serving the Central Health Services, Govt. of India for 25 yrs in various capacities. My job responsibilities were mainly epidemiological investigations and containment, disaster mitigation activities. After retirement, I was engaged as a consultant to the different NGO's, contributing to HIFA occasionally. I used to enjoy these small bits of work.

But, after the occurrences of corona virus cases in India, the Govt. has imposed nation wide lock down. I have become totally home bound, this is making me suffering from severe mental stress.

Through this forum, I am approaching to all members, if you can help me to get out of current boredom. I would like to be associated with any professional bodies or associations of epidemiologists and or community health specialists, with whom I can interact, discuss, and comment on issues like present corona virus epidemics to anything related to epidemiology or community health.

With regards


Dr. Tusharkanti Dey Community Health Adviser (Retired), All India Institute of Hygiene & Public Health

+91 33259 9011 | +91 9432208790 |

Address: Malancha,

157/1, Goraskhabasi Road,

Pin 700028

Calcutta, West Bengal,


HIFA profile: Tusharkanti Dey is a Community Health Specialist at the Center for Total Development in India. Professional interests: Developing community health projects based on ICT. dr.tusharkantidey AT