The message below is forwarded from AHILA-net, the discussion forum of the Assocation for Health Information and Libraries in Africa. We wish everyone a successful conference. Please extend an invitation to all delegates to join HIFA! www.hifa.org/joinhifa
From: Grace Ajuwon [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:58 AM
To: African Mediacal Librarians and partners to share experiences and health info <HSSAHILA-NET@listserv.who.int>; Hinari Trainers Community <email@example.com>; firstname.lastname@example.org; <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: 16th AHILA Congress: Information Update
Please find below information about the above conference scheduled to take place in Ibadan, Nigeria, 14-18 October, 2019
With Less than 30 days left, we use this opportunity specially invite you to participate in many exciting sessions, including
Hands-on Workshops to update your knowledge and skills on how to conduct systematic reviews, development of abstract, develop search strategies, searching The Cochrane Library and Synchronous Online Teaching: keeping virtual students engaged and others. Several accepted peer reviewed papers presenting original research, successful projects and perspectives on a variety of topical issues in health and biomedical information field;
Plenary sessions presentations by accomplished professionals from Africa, Europe and America.
Moderated round table discussions on selected conference sub-themes and other key topics.
In addition, there will be a lively social programme on the beautiful campus of Ibadan University, a Gala dinner with cultural displays
Confirmed Keynote speakers include:
· Ms Christine Kanyengo, University Librarian, University of Zambia
· Dr Abib Olamitoye, CEO, Ibadan Central Hospital and President, Ibadan College of Medicine Medical Association (ICOMMA) Worldwide
Plenary session speakers include:
· Rena Lubker, Associate Professor, Chair, Librarians Without Borders & MLA Representative to AHILA, Research and Education Informationist, Medical University of South
Carolina Libraries, Charleston, South Carolina
· Ibrahima Bob, former AHILA President, British Council, Darkar, Senegal
· Grace Ajuwon, AHILA President, Academic Librarian, E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library, University of Ibadan,
· Marshall Dozier, Former President, EAHIL and Governing Board member, College Lead for Library Academic Support, Medicine & Veterinary Medicine, Library and Library Collections, University of Edinburg, Scotland.
· Alison Kinengyere, Head, Sir Albert Cook Medical Library, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda.
· Masimba Muziringa, Medical Librarian, Health Sciences Library, University of Zimbabwe, Harare, Zimbabwe
Panel Discussants include:
· Biliamin Popoola, Systems and Evidence-based Medicine Librarian, University of Health Sciences, Ondo City, Ondo, Nigeria
· Moses Olayemi, Nigeria Institute of Medical Research, Yaba, Lagos
· Ayodele John Alonge, Lecturer, Department of Library, Archival and Information Studies, University of Ibadan.
Facilitators for moderated round table discussions include:
· Professor Maria G.N. Musoke, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic Affairs) Kyambogo University, Uganda and AHILA Founder member;
· Tandi Lwoga, (Associate Professor), Deputy Rector (Academic, Research and Consultancy) College of Business Education (CBE), Dar es Salaam, Tazania;
· Ms Nancy Kamau - Former AHILA President, Independent Health Information Consultant, Nairobi, Kenya;
· Mr Dan Gerendasy, Chief International Programme, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Register now @ https://ahila.org/ahila-2019-registration-form/
Don’t miss this key event in your professional calendar!
The outline programme can be found here (www.ahila.org) and will be expanded regularly.
We are very grateful for the generous sponsorship from the following:
· World Health Organization (WHO)
· University of Ibadan (UI)
· National Library of Medicine (NLM), USA
· Network of African Medical Librarians (NAML)
· Mallory / Safari Books LTD
Date: 14 October, 2019
Venue: University of Ibadan Conference Center
(Otunba Sobumi Balogun Cenference Centre)
Date: 15 October, 2019
Time: 9 am- 12 noon
AHILA Plenary and Abstract Driven Sessions
Date: 15-17 October
Venue: University of Ibadan Conference Center
(Otunba Sobumi Balogun Conference Center)
Grace A. Ajuwon, MLS, Ph.D., CLN, JP
E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library,College of Medicine,
University of Ibadan, Nigeria.
President of AHILA
National Library of Medicine (NLM) Associate Fellow,
MLA Cunningham International Fellow
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile Phone:+234 802-345-1141