SAVE THE DATE: 26 - 28 October 2020
Global Health Literacy Summit 2020<http://www.i-hla.org/summit-2020/>
When: 26 - 28 October 2020
Where: Kaohsiung Taiwan
Why: To unite people all over the world, foster knowledge exchange, and promote action to advance health literacy
How: IHLA Interest Group call for abstracts open now. General call for abstracts opens soon.
The International Health Literacy Association (IHLA) is a non-profit, member-based organization dedicated to the professional development of its members and the continued growth and development of the health literacy field. IHLA was formed in 2016, incorporated in 2017, launched a website and published its first member newsletter in 2018. IHLA now has more than 1,000 members in 80+ countries. Membership is FREE! To become a member go to www.i-hla.org<http://www.i-hla.org>.
In spring 2019, the IHLA Executive Board issued a call for proposals to co-host the first IHLA Global Health Literacy Summit 2020<http://www.i-hla.org/summit-2020/>. After a careful review of five EXCELLENT proposals, E-DA Healthcare Group, I-Shou University in Kaohsiung Taiwan earned the honor to host the meeting. In 10 months, IHLA members from around the world will meet in person, share their work, and learn from others locally and globally.
An immediate way to tailor the association to meet your needs is to join an IHLA Interest Group. Interest groups are run by and for members; they emerge and dissolve as health literacy topics and pursuits become relevant. In this way, IHLA Interest Groups keep the organization enduring and relevant. Interest groups (as described in IHLA's Constitution and Bylaw) have programming rights at the Global Health Literacy Summit and play a vital role in shaping the organization at large.
Here are the next steps for IHLA Interest Groups and the Global Health Literacy Summit 2020.
* Encourage Interest Group members to plan and submit research, practice, policy-oriented panels or workshop proposals for the 2020 Global Health Literacy Summit
* Interest Group Chairs and Co-chairs create a peer review process/subcommittee to screen proposals
* Interest Groups select proposals to forward to the Global Health Literacy Summit 2020 Program Committee by February 27, 2020
* Starting in March, the Summit Program Committee conducts a peer review process and either accepts proposals as submitted, or suggests changes
* The IHLA Program Committee has an open call for other proposals, which may lead to an opportunity to supplement interest group sessions - if needed.
For more information, please view this video: https://youtu.be/RLKlkGPdhHo
Or contact Interest Group Chairs directly via email: See list of Interest Groups, Chairs/Co-chairs, and email addresses<http://www.i-hla.org/about/interest-groups/>.
Also, please see below the Global Health Literacy Summit 2020 Principles of Participation, which apply to all IHLA Interest Groups and Members.
1. Interest group proposals must be peer reviewed by a subcommittee of 2-4 interest group members appointed by interest group chairs.
2. All interest group members should have an opportunity to be considered as a reviewer.
3. Reviewer names must be disclosed to interest group members.
4. Presenters in selected sessions must commit to attend the IHLA Global Health Literacy Summit 2020 prior to submission to the Summit Program Committee.
5. Each interest group is encouraged to use a template developed by the IHLA Summit Program Committee to review submission abstracts.
6. It is unethical to charge or receive money as well as in-kind contributions for abstract submissions and peer review.
7. It is unethical to lobby or influence the members of peer review subcommittees regarding the status of any abstract submission.
8. Research submissions must be original research. In addition, accepted submissions will be retracted if found to be plagiarized.
9. Discrimination is prohibited based on national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, or any other socio-demographic variable.
10. Interest group sessions are open to all attendees. As such, interest group sessions should be as welcoming as possible to all IHLA Global Health Literacy Summit 2020 attendees.
Teresa Wagner Teresa.email@example.com<mailto:Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rob Logan email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>