The HIFA Access to Health Research project promotes communication, understanding and advocacy across the HIFA global community, around the following questions:
- How can health research from low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) be made more visible and accessible?
- How can research be made more accessible to users in LMICs?
- How can research be made available in the right language, both for producers as well as consumers of health research?
- How can we improve access to the full text of research papers?
- How can we improve access to complementary and derivative publications (eg plain-language summaries, commentaries, policy briefs)?
- How can we improve the availability and use of health research in LMICs through non-traditional dissemination channels (eg social media, communities of practice, blogs, mobile phones)?