*** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING ***
The International Congress of Medical Librarianship (ICML) and the Association for Health Information and Libraries in Africa (AHILA) are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract to to their June 2021 Congress which brings together medical librarians and other health information professionals, academics, researchers, and others from related disciplines.
This year the theme is "A call for action: Engaging to save lives", and abstract submissions are welcomed in three types of format: papers, posters, and lightning talks. There are 6 themes:
1. Accessibility: providing access to timely, affordable, and reliable health information.
2. Collaboration and Partnerships: forming effective bonds to enable successful implementation.
3. Epidemics and Pandemics: anticipating and responding to health crises.
4. Science- and Evidence-based Practice: incorporating best data and information to achieve improved health.
5. Sustainability: building structure and capacity for the future.
6. Current actions in response to SDGs.
The deadline for submissions is 16th November 2020, and the conference takes place in Pretoria, South Africa - 21-25 June 2021.
More information is available here https://icml2021.org/
With best wishes, from,
Dr Caroline De Brún, DipLIS
Knowledge & Evidence Specialist - South West, Thames Valley, and Wessex
Knowledge & Library Services
Protecting and improving the nation's health and wellbeing, and reducing health inequalities
HIFA profile: Caroline De Brun is an Information Specialist at Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust, UK. Professional interests: health information literacy, information skills, knowledge management, outreach librarianship, patient information. She is a member of the HIFA working group on Libraries and Information Services.