I am forwarding this from the People's Health Movement Health Systems Thematic Circle. Would anyone like to represent HIFA at this event and share your observations with us afterwards? If you can help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Webinar Alert! The Struggles of Community Health Workers at the Covid Frontline: Essential but Unrecognised
PHM Health Systems Thematic Circle cordially invites you to attend the webinar on "The struggles of Community Health Workers at the Covid frontline: Essential but Unrecognised". The concept note, webinar schedule and poster is attached.
Date: 20th July 2021 (Tuesday)
Time: 11 AM UTC/ 4:30 PM Indian/ 7 PM Manila/ 8 AM Rio de Janeiro/ 1 PM Cape Town
1. Surekha (ASHA Workers Union, CITU, India)- How Covid-19 exacerbated challenges faced by ASHAs of the national government-run Community Health Worker programme
2. Dickson Namsima (Senior CHW, Malawi)- Issues faced by CHWs during Covid, mobilization and advocacy for CHW safety and working conditions
3. Catia Calage (Community Health Agent from Brazil)- Community Health Agents in the Brazil’s Unified Health Systems (SUS)
4. Karl Briscoe (CEO, NAATSIHWP, Australia)- Lessons from the work of Australian Aboriginal Community Health Workers
5. Kate Lappin (Regional Secretary for Asia and Pacific Regional Office, PSI) & Banaani Deka (CHW campaign coordinator, PSI South Asia)- Gender and care work: Campaign demands and advocacy on CHWs
6. CHW speakers from PHM South Africa, Philippines & Columbia
Moderated by- Helen Schneider, University of Western Cape
We request you to please join us and share with your colleagues. Translation in Hindi will be provided. We are also working on providing interpretations/translations in Spanish and French and shall confirm soon.
Invite link on PHM website- https://phmovement.org/webinar-20th-july-2021-tuesday-11-am-utc-the-stru...
Best wishes, Neil
Coordinator, HIFA Project on Community Health Workers
Let's build a future where every person has access to reliable healthcare information and is protected from misinformation - Join HIFA: www.hifa.org
HIFA profile: Neil Pakenham-Walsh is coordinator of the HIFA global health movement (Healthcare Information For All - www.hifa.org ), a global community with more than 20,000 members in 180 countries, interacting on six global forums in four languages in collaboration with WHO. Twitter: @hifa_org FB: facebook.com/HIFAdotORG email@example.com