Hello, everyone -- sometimes a message may come on HIFA, and you may wonder where it's going and what impact it's having. Well, here's where a January 2019 intro went == and THANK YOU HIFA/Neil for it, as it's led to a massively productive collaboration between us (NextGenU.org) and Miriam Chickering/Nurses International (NI).
A few details... We're already together:
- co-designing, with WHO, a nursing-oriented version of our globally free Master's in Public Health:
- beginning collaborating on co-offering NI's open Bachelor's of Science in Nursing: https://nursesinternational.org/open-access/
- having NI's amazing academician nurses review our upcoming pre-health sciences/basic sci certificate
- starting new courses (Health Informatics and Health Leadership on their way shortly)
- dedicated to supporting each others' closely-aligned missions.
Hurray for this network of beneficent efficiency!!!!!!
Erica Erica Frank, MD, MPH, FACPM Founder, www.NextGenU.org
<http://www.nextgenu.org/> Professor + Canada Research Chair, University of
British Columbia Principal Investigator, Healthy Doc = Healthy Patient
HIFA profile: Erica Frank is the Founder and President of NextGenU.org, the world's first portal to free, accredited higher education, now being used in 193 (of 195) countries, and offering the world's first free degree (a Master's degree in Public Health), as well as a MedSchoolInABox that includes Graduate Medical Education. Erica is Professor and Canada Research Chair of Preventive Medicine and Population Health at the University of British Columbia, Canada, and is a physician specializing in preventive medicine. Her research established the strong and consistent influence of clinicians' health habits on their patients. She was Co-Editor in Chief of the journal Preventive Medicine (1994-1999), and the 2008 President of the Nobel Peace Prize winning (1985 and 2017) Physicians for Social Responsibility. erica.frank AT ubc.ca