You are invited to the 2ND NUHCAN Webinar Series:
NIGERIA UNIVERSAL HEALTH COVERAGE ACTIONS NETWORK (NUHCAN)
THEME: PRIMARY HEALTH CARE IN NIGERIA DURING AND AFTER COVID-19 PANDEMIC:
The Imperative of a Functioning Primary Health Care System in Nigeria as a strategy for containing
COVID-19 Pandemic and Achieving Universal Health Care by 2030.
To highlight the importance of a functional Primary Health Care System to contain and control COVID-19 disease and to achieve Universal Health Care by 2030 in Nigeria.
When: Sep 8, 2020 04:00 PM West Central Africa
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
i) Dr. Uzodinma Adirieje, Executive Secretary, NUHCAN
ii) Mr Akaninyene Obot. Deputy Lead, Research & Documentations TWC, NUHCAN
TOPICS: AND SPEAKERS:
- Addressing Health Disparities through the Enhancement of Public Policy on Primacy Health Care (15mins) - Professor Adenike Grange; former Hon. Minister of Health, Nigeria; and Chairman Board of Trustees, NUHCAN
- Strategic Management of Human Resources for Primary Health Care - Addressing Quality Issues - A CASE REPORT: The PACK Nigeria Programme (15mins) - Professor Joseph Ana; former Hon. Commissioner for Health, Cross River State of Nigeria
- Implementing the Financing Laws and Strategies for Primary Health Care (10mins) - Hon Akaninyene Obot
- Health Information/Communication Strategies for Primary Health Care Clients (10mins) - Amb. Mohammed Hassan (10mins)
- Implications for Private Medical Practice in Urban and Peri-Urban Areas (10mins) - Dr. Orode Doherty
- Implications for Pharmaceutical Practice, Supply Chain and Research (10mins) - Pharm (Mrs.) Bisi Bright
- Mobilising the Rural Community for Post Covid-19 Reality (10mins) - Lizzy Igbine (Mrs.)
- Implications for Monitoring and Evaluation with Reference to the Sustainable Development Goals/SDGs (10mins) - Dr. Uzodinma Adirieje
INVITE SPECIAL GUESTS: FROM GOVERNMENT, DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS, UHC AND PHC STAKEHOLDERS/GATEKEEPERS, MULTILATERAL ORGANIISATIONS, PRIVATE SECTOR, CIVIL SOCIETY, MEDIA.
IF YOUR ORGANIZATIONS WISHES TO MAKE 1-3 MINUTES GOODWILL STATEMENT AT THIS WEBINAR, PLEASE REVERT TO THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY, NUHCAN LATEST 6 HOURS TO THE WEBINAR
Chairman, Research and Documentations TWC and Member, BOT.
AFRICA CENTRE FOR CLINICAL GOVERNANCE RESEARCH & PATIENT SAFETY
@Health Resources International (HRI) WA.
National Implementing Organisation: 12-Pillar Clinical Governance
National Standards and Quality Monitor and Assessor
National Implementing Organisation: PACK Nigeria Programme for PHC
Publisher: Medical and Health Journals; Books and Periodicals.
Nigeria: 8 Amaku Street, State Housing & 20 Eta Agbor Road, Calabar.
Tel: +234 (0) 8063600642
Website: www.hriwestafrica.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
HIFA profile: Joseph Ana is the Lead Consultant and Trainer at the Africa Centre for Clinical Governance Research and Patient Safety in Calabar, Nigeria. In 2015 he won the NMA Award of Excellence for establishing 12-Pillar Clinical Governance, Quality and Safety initiative in Nigeria. He has been the pioneer Chairman of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) National Committee on Clinical Governance and Research since 2012. He is also Chairman of the Quality & Performance subcommittee of the Technical Working Group for the implementation of the Nigeria Health Act. He is a pioneer Trustee-Director of the NMF (Nigerian Medical Forum) which took the BMJ to West Africa in 1995. He is particularly interested in strengthening health systems for quality and safety in LMICs. He has written Five books on the 12-Pillar Clinical Governance for LMICs, including a TOOLS for Implementation. He established the Department of Clinical Governance, Servicom & e-health in the Cross River State Ministry of Health, Nigeria in 2007. Website: www.hriwestafrica.com Joseph is a member of the HIFA Steering Group and the HIFA working group on Community Health Workers.
Email: jneana AT yahoo.co.uk