Tackling health challenges for the urban poor
September 9, 2021, 8:30 a.m. EDT
Please join us for the second webinar in a series of events to highlight key lessons learned throughout the life of the Program. Kuboresha Afya Mitaani, Kampala Slum Maternal and Newborn Health, and Health Evaluation and Applied Research Development Projects will present their achievements in improving maternal and child outcomes for the urban poor.
- Dr. Cudjoe Bennett: Senior Research and Knowledge Management Advisor, USAID Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition
- Karen Van Roekel: Deputy Chief of the Research and Policy Division, USAID Office of Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition
- Dr. Frank Kaharuza: Family Health Team lead, USAID/Uganda
- Dr. Sathy Rajasekharan: Executive Director Jacaranda Health and Project Lead for Kuboresha Afya Mitaani Project
- Dr. Daniel Okello: Director, Public Health and Environment Kampala Capital City Authority and Co-Principal Investigator MaNe Project
- Dr. Ester Elisaria: Research Scientist at Ifakara Health Institute and HEARD Project
This is the second webinar in a series called Translating implementation research to practice: USAID’s Health Research Program dissemination series.
For more information about this series,
https://www.harpnet.org/health-research-program-dissemination/ and about
the Health Research Program https://www.harpnet.org/
*Sara A. Holtz DrPH, MPH*
Community of Practice and MNCH Advisor
Social Solutions International, Inc.
6153 Executive Boulevard, Rockville, MD 20852
HIFA profile: Sara Holtz is Communities of Practice and MNCH Advisor, CIRCLE Project, Social Solutions International. She coordinates global communities of practice for possible serious bacterial infection (PSBI) and urban MNCH in sub-Saharan Africa for USAID's Health Research Program. For information: https://www.harpnet.org/communities-of-practice/ sholtz AT socialsolutions.biz