Theme: Achieving healthy lives and well-being in Africa through access to and use of information.
1. Application of ICTs to supportmedical education, quality health care and well-being
2. The contribution of health literacy to achieving health and well-being
3. Educationand training for health sciences librarianship in the 21st century: is the curriculum addressing the need?
4. Training for evidence based policy/practice and systematic reviews
5. Reaching out to under-served communities to achieve health and well-being in Africa: contribution of Health information professionals
Venue: International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Date: 14-18 October, 2019
Target Audience: Professionals in any sector involved in health information including librarians/ health information professionals, health care and public health professionals, pharmacists, ICT professionals and others with a passion for reliable health information.
Only abstracts reporting completed research work or implemented projects will be considered for Congress Papers. The abstract must be submitted in an electronic format and must contain:
- Title of abstract/paper
- Summary of abstract (250 – 300 words maximum)
- An indication of the sub-theme the abstract is focusing on
- An indication of format (Paper, Lightning talk, or Poster)
- Speaker’s name, address, telephone number(s), professional affiliation, email address, keywords (not more than five) and biographical note (40 words).
Abstracts must be submitted also for all other formats.
1. Dr Shehu Allade - email@example.com
2. Dr Violet Ikolo - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ProfessorAdemola A. Ajuwon- email@example.com
and copied to: Samuel Bello- firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Deadline for submission of abstract: June 30,2019
Pre-conference Registration - $200
Onsite Registration - $250
Information about conference registration will be made available at - http://www.ahila.org
Grace A. Ajuwon, MLS, CLN, Ph.D
President of AHILA,
E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library,
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria
HIFA profile: Grace Ajuwon is the Reference and Information Services Librarian at the University of Ibadan, College of Medicine, E. Latunde Odeku Medical Library, Nigeria. She is a member of the HIFA steering group, HIFA Country Representative and is currently President of the Association for Health Information and Libraries in Africa.
agajuwon AT yahoo.com