1 January, 2024
- ready to connect with more than 400 health and development organisations worldwide, including the World Health Organization?
- interested to maximise your global networking and collaboration opportunities?
- keen to increase your professional visibility across the global health community?
The position of Global Supporting Organisation Coordinator is currently available, starting February 2024.
About HIFA Supporting Organisations (SOs)
All HIFA SOs support the HIFA vision: a world where every person will have access to the reliable healthcare information they need to protect their health and the health of others. Some SOs also provide financial support and/or technical support. There are currently more than 400 Supporting Organisations worldwide (see logos below), with many leading organisations in all sectors of global health: public sector, academic, NGO, and private sector. See the full list here: http://www.hifa.org/support/supporting-organisations
Who can apply? Anyone can apply. If you are an early career professional in global health, healthcare, or information services, this post will undoubtedly bring you lots of new opportunities. Older and more experienced persons are also very welcome to apply.
What you will do
• As the HIFA Supporting Organisation Coordinator you will work with the HIFA coordinator, HIFA Steering Group and other volunteers to support communications with and among the SOs, and help to leverage their support for HIFA and the implementation of the HIFA Strategy 2022-2024. You will receive support and training, including how to moderate the HIFA Supporting Organisation mini-forum (similar to the main HIFA forum).
• Volunteer basis initially (potential for microsalary later, subject to funding)
• 6 months initially, renewable
• Flexible working 2-4 hours/week, virtually, at your convenience
We are especially keen to start a programme of regular (6-monthly) meetings for Supporting Organisations, to explore priority topics in the availability and use of reliable healthcare information; to engage more in the strategic development of HIFA and resource mobilisation; and to learn more about the work of individual SOs.
Interested? Please email your CV and brief letter of interest to the HIFA Coordinator, Dr Neil Pakenham-Walsh: email@example.com
Deadline: 21 January 2024
This role connects you with more than 400 HIFA Supporting Organisations worldwide: