New: Deadline has been extended by 1 week to 13th January 2017.
Healthcare Information For All (HIFA) is expanding! We are seeking a part-time HIFA Desk Officer (4 hours per week, flexible, paid). The successful applicant is likely to hold a Master's Degree in an appropriate field – eg Global Health, Public Health, Social Science, Library and Information Science; Post-basic graduate eg MB,BS and MSc students may also be considered. The work will be mostly home based, with some parts (for example initial orientation and moderation training) at the HIFA office in Charlbury, Oxfordshire, UK – therefore the post holder will ideally be based within reasonable travelling distance of the HIFA office.
The successful applicant will be asked to assist in six key areas:
1. HIFA Supporting Organisation programme
2. Membership growth
3. Assistant moderation
4. HIFA website development
5. HIFA Voices database development
6. Admin support.
In addition, the post holder will:
1. Receive training in the skills of Reader-Focused Moderation (paid)
2. When ready to do so, will implement and refine their moderation skills as HIFA assistant moderator
3. Represent HIFA at forums, networks and meetings as required.
Please apply by 13 January 2017 to the HIFA Coordinator, Dr Neil Pakenham-Walsh with a brief cover letter and CV, by email to: email@example.com
Please see below to download a full job description (PDF).